Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My Boy

It's been an emotional 36 hours! On Monday night I got Milo's updated measurements. He is, at 14 months of age, 12 pounds and 25 inches long. That is the same size my other children were at 2 months old. I have been in a complete panic ever since! I have been emailing everyone I can think of to verify that these measurements are actually correct. I can't even imagine bringing 3-6 month clothes to pick up a 16 month old toddler. So. Bizarre. Milo's file is very lacking in information that most other files contain. I only know his weight after he was found, but no other updated measurements. I have no idea if he's just tiny and is growing, or if he isn't growing at all. It's all very disturbing!
In my panic, I turned to the Little Flower Facebook page. I went searching for information and more pictures. So many of the precious pictures I do have are from Little Flower, and I was intent to find more. I actually did come across a few albums I hadn't seen before, and it was gold! I also paid very close attention to all the words typed about him. It's quite alarming to realize just how close he was to not surviving, but he did. He's truly a fighter, and I have to have faith at this point that he can fight for 54 more days until he's in our arms forever!!
Here are the all the pictures and posts from Little Flower:

December 1, 2012 Two week old Yang arrived today. He was born with a heart defect and needs surgery urgently. Can you believe all that hair?
January 28, 2013: Yang needs heart surgery. He's not doing well and will probably have surgery after the holiday.
February 7, 2013 Little Yang is back home from the hospital, but his condition is not good. Doctors would like to schedule his heart surgery as soon as possible. He will probably be admitted for that right after the holiday. In the meanwhile, please keep the little guy in your prayers.
 
March 19, 2013 Yang has been critically ill in the hospital for several weeks now. At one point the doctors felt his prognosis was very poor and he would never stabilize enough for heart surgery, but he has finally gotten strong enough that they are willing to try. His surgery is scheduled for tomorrow; please pray that all goes smoothly. 
This next post is the one that got me bawling and gave me some of the biggest chills I've ever had!! 
April 17, 2013 Little Yang is stable at home after his heart surgery, but he's still tiny and very weak. Several of the doctors on his team advised against surgery and suggested that we give up, but we are so glad he had surgery and that it was successful. Now we just have to help him get bigger and stronger - maybe by the time his file is ready there will be a family out there looking for a little guy with Down syndrome. We sure hope so! 
 YES!!! That's EXACTLY what happened!! I would pretty much give anything for him to have been able to stay at Little Flower. Not only did they fight for him and save his life, but they took such loving care of him! Also, his file was sort of MIA. It hadn't been translated and was just stuck with an agency that wasn't advocating for him. Because of the pictures from Little Flower, we had the drive to search and fight for his file (and pay to have it translated ;) I am so, so thankful for Little Flower and the life they gave Milo and the joy they have given us!! 
May 14, 2013 Yang is one of our very sweet little chromosomally enhanced babies. He continues to do well after his heart surgery 
June 15, 2013 Little Yang loves to blow raspberries now
June 21, 2013 Han and Yang - two precious babies born with Down syndrome
June 27, 2013
June 30, 2013
July 20, 2013 Yang, Yang, and Yang!
July 26, 2013
I am so overwhelmed with gratitude right now! Not only did I find all this information, but some friends from that also adopted from the same orphanage where Yang is have a representative for their agency traveling there TODAY! They are personally going to go check on my boy and hopefully get another weight and measurement done to be sure it's accurate! Please continue to pray for our little guy! I know prayers have helped him to this point, and he's SO close to being able to come home! Thank you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment