Tuesday, January 28, 2014

More Prayers Needed Around Here!

I have some updates on both adoptions. Let's start with Russia, shall we? We have been given the opportunity to advocate for Dasha to be adopted by Russians on some Russian adoption sites. We know it's a fairly long shot, but stranger things have happened! We would love so very much for our dear girl to find a family! I can't breathe right until I know she's safe from a mental institution!

Here is a beautiful article written about several of my friends who were in the process of adopting Russian orphans. It's worth the read! Such love!

Now for Milo. We've learned some alarming things about the condition of children going home from his SWI (Social Welfare Institute, or orphanage). They are severely malnourished, and one even has to be on a feeding tube for several months! I got in touch with Little Flower, and they let me know his weight before he was transferred. He hasn't gained weight since August. This has me in a constant state of worry!! We're doing absolutely everything we can to get him transferred and also expedite our travel. Please pray for our little guy, though! It's all out of our hands from here! I simply can't wait to get that boy home!! Until then, please continue to pray!

Included in our contact with Little Flower were some 200+ pictures of our little guy! There are SO many darling ones! I am over the moon excited about it! I can't wait to print some up to hang in his room! Here's a sneak peak of one:

I can't believe I'm lucky enough to be this kid's mom in a month and a half!! I don't know that I've ever seen a cuter face in my whole life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment