Friday, January 31, 2014

Gong Xi Fa Cai

Happy Chinese New Year! We celebrated tonight by going shopping for Milo's wardrobe. So fun!!
This week has been full of anxiety, phone calls, and email as we tried to figure out if our Article 5 had been expedited. And guess what; it was!! We are over the moon excited! It was picked up on Thursday! The only bad thing is that now CCCWA (China Center for Children's Welfare and Adoption) is closed until February 7th for Chinese New Year. Dang! The next step we need is Travel Approval!! After we have travel approval, we'll need a U.S. Consulate appointment. The next step after that is...WE GO TO CHINA!! While we're really praying for a March 3rd gotcha, I think the New Year holiday is going to slow us down and cause us to miss that date. It's not totally unthinkable that we'd get that date, but it's unlikely. It'll probably be March 10th or 17th. The sooner the better, though!
I have to say that while I'm excited as can be to be on this step, I am also starting to get really nervous! We have SO much to do before we go! And though we're going to hop on the first plane we can, it's admittedly giving me great anxiety not to know exactly when we'll be on that plane! How do you arrange time off work, childcare, travel arrangements, etc, etc, when you don't even know when you'll be gone?? It gets quite difficult! So while I hope everyone in China has a wonderful Chinese New Year celebration, I'll confess that I'm overly excited for them all to get back to work. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment