Thursday, January 16, 2014

8 Weeks

From estimated numbers, we'll be going to China 8 weeks from today. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!?!? I can't! We're SO close! In those waiting weeks, I have three friends traveling at three different times to his orphanage who have agreed to take pictures of him. Woot woot!! I can scarcely contain my excitement! I just found out today we have I-800 approval! If you think about it, that means we only really have one measly piece of paper left to fill out on this side of the ocean. Our paper chase for Milo is nearly done! It is hard to take in! Part of me truly doesn't believe it will ever happen. We have purposely put off decorating and putting together a nursery for him, because there's such a big part of my heart that's afraid he won't make it home. I couldn't stand to have an empty room; a constant reminder of what could and should have been. Now that it's getting so close, though, it's time to get our act together and get ready for him!

Milo has a package of toys and goodies coming for him. I'm so excited! We'll be able to get measurements once his package gets to him and then the fun begins with buying him clothes! His room will be painted next week, and my awesome mother-in-law is already sewing the nursery bedding and drapes from the fabric we picked out. I even started scheduling doctors appointments for when little man gets home! This is actually happening!!

Our Visa's made their way to our front door just this morning! WE ARE GOING TO CHINA!! It's still looking hopeful for a lucky gotcha day of St. Patrick's Day! I'm hoping our update comes quickly so we know how big this guy is...I can't wait to go buy him some clothes!

I have seen this picture on several different blogs. I think it's a great way to show where we are in the process! We're on step 10!
Now that the paper chase for Milo is nearly complete...I realized I need an updated home study for Russia so we can renew our USCIS approval for Dasha girl. Just in case. Oy! Hopefully someday I'll have my kids at home with me and we can stop worrying about paperwork ;)
Taken December 6th by a fellow adopting mama. Hang on, Buddy! We're coming for you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! My name is Katie. I am adopting a six year old boy from China. I, too, had a previous adoption fall through (Armenia), and lost all of that money. It was a heartbreaking journey, but I'm so excited to bring my son home soon! I am just waiting for my I800 approval. I sent it in on January 9th, and it was logged as received on the 10th. Hopefully I'll get it soon! I may be traveling right behind you!!! Best of luck with your journey!!!

    ReplyDelete