Friday, December 21, 2012

'Til We Meet Again


Our last day in country.  So very sad.  Don't get me wrong, I'm ready to get home.  I miss my kids, I miss my culture, I miss my home.  I miss the clean air act.  It's just that I'm ready to go home with our little one with us, not leaving her stuck in this cold, lonely place.  I hated to say goodbye.  The whole time we were there this afternoon, we could hear kids crying.  One tiny, screaming new born haunted me as I tried to play with Dasha.  For at least 45 minutes that tiny scream wailed on.  I longed to go find the poor thing and hold him or her.  I know it's supposedly a good sign that they cry, but it felt very depressing to me today.  I couldn't help but wonder how many times our precious little Dasha has been made to cry and wait, her needs never being attended to.  The nannies seem to love her, but there are just so many children and not enough nannies.  So leaving her hurts not only because we love her and want her with us, but also because we aren't leaving her in a good place.  Her poor chappy skin, her soggy diaper, her runny nose, her deep, raspy cough.  She needs her Mama and Papa, and we need her.
We had a nice day today before our orphanage visit.  We only got one visit today because our facilitator (who doubles as a cardiologist) had to work today.  Since we had all day until 3:30 with nothing to do, our cutest hotel ladies took us again to a souvenir shop and helped us buy everything we need before going home.  Then they took us to an authentic restaurant to get "Borscht".  That's beet soup and is very popular here.  It was delicious, and their company was great.  I really like these ladies.  We'll be staying here again next time we come for sure!!
Here we are outside the restaurant.
All of us.  They are the cutest!  The one in front is Alena, and her mother is behind her.  They are so lovely and nice!
Our driver came to pick us up at 3:30, and we headed to the orphanage for our last visit. We had another great visit with our little sweety.  She is so much fun, and I can't wait to get her home and help her start moving her muscles and learning some signs!  She's going to blossom!!  We found a toy drum and showed her how to use it, and she sat for quite a long time pounding the drum.  She loves to dance and sing.  She is always happy.  I've seriously never heard her make an unhappy peep!  She remembered how to play peek-a-boo and loves it!  Her very favorite games, though, are being tickled by her Papa and dropping or throwing items you hand her.  Uh oh!  We'd exclaim and she would laugh every time!  I can't wait for you all to meet her.  She's such a darling, tiny little love!!  When it was time for her porridge, her nanny came to get her.  We asked if she could keep the blanket we brought for her, and she agreed.  We'll see if she still has it next time!  It didn't feel right leaving her.  We kissed her, hugged her, and told her we love her.  We will rush as quickly as possible to get our court documents done and get back here!  We do need continued prayers for the government here, though.  They passed the bill for the third time today, so all that stands in the way of an adoption ban is President Putin.  We are scared, but trying to keep faith.  We don't think we would have been sent all this way for nothing.
Our flight leaves at 6:20 in the morning, so we'd better get packing and get to bed!  Paka for now, cold country!  And, unfortunately, paka for now, Dasha!  We love you forever, and may God be with you 'til we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment