Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Bittersweet

We found out today that our little Meg (whose real name is Victoria) was adopted.  We don't know who adopted her, but if you remember from this post, we did know she was in foster care.  I have been nervous ever since then that the family took her only for money and would dump her back in the orphanage once she was older and they were sick of her.  I have checked the database in her country every single day to see if she made it back on there.  I will admit that a part of me was holding out hope that we would get there and she would be available.
After finding out she was adopted, I have several emotions.  First of all, I was happy.  Yes, happy.  I was happy that she has a family.  I was relieved that they didn't take her for the money, but that they must love her.  They don't get money for adopting.  It also felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders, because I feel that I am totally open now to whatever child is placed before us.  They all need homes, and we will be honored to be the parents of any one of them.  Before the news that she was adopted, I always felt like I was betraying her by leaving her.  Now I know she is not the child that is supposed to be in our family.  I know that we have been led on the exact path we have been because there is a child out there that is supposed to be in our family, and we would not have found her otherwise. 
Of course I am also feeling very sad that we will never know Victoria.  That we will never be able to tell her we love her and thank her for sending us on this journey.  She will always have a place in my heart.  Because of her, we are on our way in 3 1/2 days half way around the world to meet the little girl that will change our lives forever.  And I simply can't wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment