Friday, March 14, 2014

Journey to Guangzhou

Yesterday was a long, long day! We were able to get a late checkout on our room (thank goodness!), so we had three hours to kill from checkout until our guide was coming to get us for our flight from Henan to Guangzhou. Luckily there's an amazing park near our hotel in Zhengzhou, so we went for a walk there and had a great time! We even ran into some other adoptive parents! There were three families chatting, and I looked up and there was a crowd of at least 30 people gathered around us. They were staring and taking pictures. CRAZY! I should have taken a picture of them taking pictures of us because it was hilarious! We make for great people watching, apparently ;)

Our guide picked us up and took us to the airport. We had to take a late flight out of Henan because Milo's passport wasn't ready until the evening. The flight was supposed to leave at 8:50, which was stressing me out because we wouldn't be to our hotel until about midnight. So late! Unfortunately, the plane was over an hour late taking off. Milo was exhausted and eventually fell asleep, but he does not like to be held while he sleeps. This meant he was tossing and turning and moving around like crazy in my arms. It was only a two hour plane ride, but it was torture! We were boiling hot and I could not wait to land! It makes me crazy nervous for our trek home. Yikes!

We didn't land until almost midnight! We got our luggage, found our new guide, and went to the hotel. It was about 1:30 by the time we got to our hotel room. Milo had been asleep for several hours, but he really needed his diaper changed. I got him changed while keeping him asleep, then fed him a bottle. He pooped while he ate, so I went to change him again. Apparently he wasn't quite done with his business, because I took his diaper off and started wiping him and a fountain of poop shot EVERYWHERE! All over the bed, floor, me, and Milo. It was awful and hysterical all at the same time! It was all over my hand and arm, so Quin was trying to hold Milo's legs up while I washed myself off and he started gagging! All I could do was laugh! By the time we got it all cleaned up it was after 2:00 am. We hurried and got a few toiletry items unpacked and went to bed as quickly as possible. I had to wake up a short four hours later to get ready to go to Milo's medical appointment. I'll write about the medical later. For now we all need to go nap. We are so, so tired!

I only have one picture to post right now, but it's a good one! This darling, happy boy is living proof that a full belly, clean diaper, and love can change everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment