Monday, October 1, 2012

The Best Part

Yesterday at church, several people apologized for not being able to make our carnival and handed us checks for large amounts of money.  The same thing happened to my mom at church.  It has continued into today, and we have made around $800 more because of our carnival.  I am simply amazed by the goodness of people.  I have to say that the money is amazing, but even more amazing is the support and love.  We feel so lifted up by the friends and family around us!  The kind, smiling faces, words of encouragement, and willingness to share their personal funds are making the burden that is international adoption light!  We are deeply grateful!  I won't be able to personally thank each of you, but I have such an overwhelming feeling of thankfulness for you all that I can't even put it into words!  The money piece of this adoption has been, since the beginning, the absolute stress of my life.  While we aren't yet halfway to our goal, I know it will happen.  Slowly but surely, the good people around us have donated, helped, and supported.  We've raised nearly $18,000!  How is that even possible!?  Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of our hearts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment