Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Angel Tree!!

Last year deciding to sign up for Angel Tree brought Ewan home. This year I was too reluctant to even look at the list of waiting kids. It scared me! Ha! But, the friend I blogged about in the post previous to this one is crazy. I mean, she is still working on funding her own dang adoption, but that doesn't stop her generous heart. I was in the midst of a secret fundraiser for her when she messaged me asking to help her to an Angel Tree. I had to laugh, but how could I say no? We teamed up with a few other friends and got this cute girl!
Her advocacy name is Trudy. She is 11 years old, lives in China, has Down syndrome and is Hepatitis B positive.  I have first hand experience parenting a child with Hep B, and it's not too big of a deal. As long as the child's body doesn't recognize the virus as foreign, it doesn't affect the body. If and when the body starts to try and fight the virus, this causes liver damage. Blood work is needed yearly to monitor viral counts and check liver function. If at some point the body starts fighting the virus, daily medicine combats the virus. It's easy to get vaccinated for Hep B to protect family members, but using simple blood precautions will easily help prevent the spread of Hep B as well. According to her Reece's Rainbow profile, she was found at about one year old. She is independent, can speak simple words and numbers, can read simple children's song and words, love music, gets along well with other children, likes helping people, and loves to be praised. She can draw, do jigsaw puzzles, and play with toy blocks. She dances to the music, loves watching cartoons, and enjoys being outside. 

This beautiful girl needs a family! To help her find her family, we will be advocating for her as well as helping her fund with Reece's Rainbow grow! Any donation of $35 or more will get you an ornament with cute Trudy's face on it! How awesome is that!? In addition, I'm trying to think of something the boys and I could make to send donor and raise money. I cannot wait to see this darling girl's grant grow! Please consider giving a donation to help Susy find a family this holiday season!!

No comments:

Post a Comment