Friday, April 18, 2014

Renewed Hope

On this Easter weekend, my hope has been renewed for Dasha girl. The first child with Down syndrome who had met an American family before the ban was just adopted by a Russian family!!! I am so overjoyed for this beautiful girl! You can read about her story on my friend's blog by clicking here.

Just a few days ago, my heart was broken all over again as Dasha's picture was updated on the Russian database for only the second time since the ban. It has been over 15 months since I've seen a picture of her, and I was shocked while performing my routine of checking the database and a new, beautiful picture popped up! I cried all that day and my heart felt heavy. To hear news that another has been adopted gives me such joy! Our efforts are beginning again to find her a Russian family. We have help from a few loving, wonderful Russians who are going to translate for us and promote her adoption on Russian adoption forums. Please pray that the family intended for this beautiful, perfect child finds her quickly! With her third birthday fast approaching, we only have a year until the dreaded transfer. I wish with everything in me for her to be in the loving arms of a forever family before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment