Wednesday, February 19, 2014

We're Going to China!!!

We've had some TA (travel approval) drama. Of course. Why wouldn't we!? Things have gone so smoothly for us thus far ;) We knew we had TA last week sometime (at least by Wednesday), and we knew a package was on its way to our agency last week. Every single other person we know of who was on the same step as us got their TA's last week. It was disheartening to not receive ours, as we had fully anticipated traveling with so many of my dear friends who've been with me through thick and thin (not to mention baby boy needs to get home ASAP!)! I was positive it would come by Monday, though! I got word from our agency on Monday, and though a package did arrive from China, it did not have our TA in it. I. was. crushed. Not only was our TA not there, but there wasn't even a new package on its way! That meant at least another week of no news. I couldn't stop the tears from flowing. This has been such a long, long process. I'm just exhausted.
Because I have an incredible husband who doesn't like to see me cry and who was also very concerned about our absent TA, he hopped on the phone with our agency and expressed our concern that our TA was lost! Our agency put their China contact to work. She called CCCWA and found out our TA had been issued February 10th and was already mailed. We knew something was very wrong, because it hadn't arrived yet and no new package was on its way. She called CCCWA back and let them know this. They then reprinted TA and mailed it right then as well as faxed a copy to our agency. Hallelujah!!! It's suspected that both copies of our TA were sent to his province instead of one being sent to our agency OR that it was sent to a different agency. Either way, it's amazing to have a new one!
We heard back from the civil affairs office in Milo's region (Henan) and our gotcha day will be March 10th! We have requested dates for our consulate appointment and will know (fingers crossed) in the morning the exact dates of travel!! For now we are planning on leaving March 4th to tour Beijing for a few days and visit Little Flower before heading to Henan for gotcha day. That's in 13 days, folks! 13 days. I can scarcely believe this is happening!!

We just got this updated picture of our handsome BOY (even though he's wearing a very manly shade of pink)! He weighs in at a whopping 12 pounds and is 26 inches long. Keep in mind he's 15 months old. I CAN NOT wait to have him in my arms!! It feels bizarre packing 3-6 month clothes for a 15 month old! 13 days. I can do this! Let the countdown begin!!
   

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Whitney! I have removed myself from FB because it wasn't good for my heart, but I will be keeping up with y'all's trip to get your precious baby boy from here. I'm praying-and SO excited for y'all! Love you! -Jenny M.

    ReplyDelete