Thursday, July 18, 2013

Baby Steps

Woot woot! Guess whose USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) packet was mailed yesterday and is en route! Ours!  SO excited!  This means our home study is done for China (huge step), and our application to the United States to adopt an orphan from China is on its way! After we receive our acceptance letter, we send our dossier (packet of information about us) to China. Then all we have to do is wait! We have a few documents to gather, medicals to get, and letters of recommendation to receive for our dossier...then all the hard work is done! I'm super psyched! I just wish we could hurry USCIS along! Maybe, just maybe, I'll start calling them daily to check on progress ;) I'll test out that the squeaky wheel gets the grease theory!
Here's our empty USCIS folder.  Yay!!  (I forgot to take a picture of something a bit more interesting, like the completed packet or mailing it or something like that, so empty folder it is ;)
In Russian adoption news, The Dark Matter of Love has made it into the Toronto Film Festival!! This is SO exciting! Especially since the Film Festival coincides or is shortly before President Obama's visit to Moscow. Hopefully the news is inundated with our STUCK orphans!! If you don't mind, go on over to The Dark Matter of Love Facebook page and "like" it!  Click here to get to the page! Then you can stay up to date on all the progress The Dark Matter of Love is making!

I have to admit that after sending off our USCIS stuff yesterday, I got excited butterflies in my stomach. I haven't had those in months and months and months. It felt nice and I'm loving any forward motion either of our adoptions get!!

No comments:

Post a Comment