Friday, October 10, 2014

Operation Find a Family

Operation find Dasha a family is well underway. I have been emailing frequently with the Downside Up (an amazing organization in Russia that provides information and services to families who are lucky enough to have a child with Down syndrome), and they are advocating for Dasha! Julia wrote a beautiful article that was published in Russia. Click here to read it (use Google Chrome to translate it into English). I am so thankful for good people in this world!!

Next, I have a friend who is Russian but lives in the U.S. She adopted a child with special needs from Russia and is heavily involved in advocacy work in Russia. She has offered to help try to find Dasha a home as well, and we should hear from a reporter soon wanting write an article. This same friend sent me a link this morning of an advocacy video of Dasha. Holy smokes, do I love this baby girl. She is perfection. Engaged, charismatic, happy, and sweet as can be. I also continue to be SO thankful to her orphanage staff. They do love her and are taking good care of her! Click here to watch the video. I'm telling you, any family would be lucky to have her as one of their own! I continue to pray that the special Russian family who is willing to take a chance and look beyond a silly extra chromosome will find her quickly!





No comments:

Post a Comment